For your convenience we have Medallion signature guarantors at each of our offices, free of charge to all members. A signature guarantee is for members selling, redeeming, or transferring registered securities such as stocks, bonds, or mutual funds. We can perform signature guarantees on transactions up to $500,000.
In order to successfully perform a signature guarantee we must be able to determine each of the following:
- You are the appropriate person to request the transaction
- You are acting within your legal capacity to sign the transaction request or instruction form
- Your signature is genuine
- That you have maintained an account with DCCU for at least 6 months prior to the request for guarantee
In order to expedite the guarantee process, please bring the following:
- Valid photo ID
- A document proving your ownership of the security you wish to sell, redeem, or transfer
- Any other documents (e.g. Power of attorney, Qualification of Fiduciary) demonstrating your legal capacity to act on the account
- Any and all joint owners of the security, as they will need to sign. Joint owners must also present identification
NOTE: A Medallion signature guarantee is not the same as an act performed by a notary. For DCCU to perform this more complex service, our guarantors will have to gain an understanding of the transaction requiring the Medallion stamp and your relationship to it. Please bring the necessary materials listed above and allow adequate time for us to perform this important service.