DCCU Routing # 251483311
DCCU Routing # 251483311
College is expensive and the costs are increasing every year. That is why it's so important for you to find as much free money as you can. DCCU is pleased to provide you with a listing of local scholarship opportunities, listed below. Before you apply, here are a few things to keep in mind:
As you begin your search for scholarships, another important thing for you to do is visit with your high school counseling department to learn about other opportunities. Remember, the more free money you find for college, the less money you will have to pay back after you graduate.
Before you start your search for scholarships, it is important to have a system in place to help keep it all organized. Use the following steps to help guide you through the process:
Tips for Writing Effective Scholarship Essays
Writing an essay that captivates the reader can have a big influence on whether or not you win the scholarship. The following tips will help you write the best essay possible.
1. Make sure you understand the instructions before you start writing.
2. Organize your thoughts before you start writing.
3. Create an outline.
4. Don’t skip questions. If one doesn’t apply, put N/A.
5. Make sure your outline touches on every requirement in the instructions.
6. Write your essay by explaining each of the points in your outline.
7. Use clear language and be to the point. Try not to ramble.
8. State your accomplishments without exaggerating.
9. Site sources when necessary and be sure they are credible.
10. Make sure your grammar and spelling are correct.
11. Read the questions and essay again to be certain the essay covers all requirements.
12. Have someone with strong writing and editing skills proofread the essay before you submit it.
13. If using the same essay for multiple scholarships, be sure to adjust necessary information.
14. Most of all, BE CREATIVE!
Common Scholarship Interview Questions
Some scholarship programs require you to go through an interview process. Below are some common scholarship interview questions. Prior to your interview, practice what you plan to say, so you can give the best answers possible.
1. Why did you apply for this scholarship?
2. What makes you stand out from other candidates?
3. What contributions would you like to make to your community?
4. Talk about your academic achievements.
5. Tell us about yourself.
6. Tell us about your current educational and career goals.
7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
8. How do you spend your free time outside of class?
9. Tell me about a personal achievement that makes you proud?
10. Tell me about a mistake you made and what you learned from it?
11. Who has influenced your life most and why?
12. What are your strengths/weaknesses?
13. Why do you think you’re an excellent candidate for this scholarship?