Checking Account: Frequently Asked Questions
How do the 10 free foreign ATM refunds work?
If your account incurs a non-DCCU ATM fee, you will automatically be credited 10 fees ($5 maximum per refund) in a year’s time. The fee will be credited within 24 hours of the fee being assessed.
How can I order checks?
Log into Online Banking and select the Reorder Checks link, which is located under My Deposits. You may also call us or visit a branch to order checks.
If you elect to order checks from a 3rd party, please contact us to obtain the correct information for your checks (MICR), which is a 14 digit number and will be different than your account number. Alternatively, MICR/Routing information can be found in either Online or Mobile Banking:
- For Online Banking: Login to your account and then click on the account you wish to have checks ordered from. Then under the Account Details section on the right hand side of the screen, click “Show Direct Deposit Info”.
- For Mobile Banking: Login to your account and then click the menu button in the top left hand corner. Next, select “Alerts & Settings”, followed by “Direct Deposit Info”.
How can I find Direct Deposit information?
Direct Deposit information can be found by any of the following methods:
- By looking at an existing check - To find your routing and account information (MICR), look at the bottom of your personal checks.
- From Online Banking - Login to your account and then click on the account you wish to have checks ordered from. Under the Account Details section on the right hand side of the screen, click “Show Direct Deposit Info”.
- From Mobile Banking - Login to your account and then click the menu button in the top left hand corner. Select “Alerts & Settings”, then “Direct Deposit Info”.
- Give us a call - we’re happy to assist you.
Why aren’t my checking transactions in the right order?
Transactions are sortable by Date, Description, Withdrawals and Deposits. You may change the order by selecting any of these headers. If your transactions are sorted by something other than date, they may need to be sorted by date again.
I have Pending Transactions for my checking account, are they withdrawals or deposits?
Withdrawals will show with a parenthesis () around the amount being withdrawn. Deposits will have no parenthesis.
I’m trying to view a check image and it states that no image is available. How can I get a copy?
Check images are made available within online banking if the merchant has not converted the check to an electronic payment. If the check payment has been converted to an electronic payment, an image is unavailable.
Why do I have overdraft fees assessed on my checking account when it appears funds were in my account?
There are a couple different reasons for this:
- When the Debit Card is used as a “credit” a preauthorization hold is placed on your account for the amount of your purchase when the transaction occurs. The preauthorization hold will remain on your account until the transaction posts to your account or is removed automatically within 48 hours. While the preauthorization hold is in place on your account, this removes the funds from being available for other transactions during the above time frame.
- Pay at the pump gas transactions are authorized differently than other transactions. The preauthorization holds for these transactions vary from $1, which simply verifies the account is open, to $75-$100, depending on the merchant processing.
NOTE: If you utilize your Debit Card at a merchant and choose “debit” the funds are immediately deducted from your account, eliminating the preauthorization hold (described above). Most merchants accept both debit and credit transactions, giving you the choice of how to utilize your card.